BCU UKCC Level 1
Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport
Link to Canoe Wales information BCU UKCC Level 1
2017 - February 10th-13th, October 28th-31st
START AND FINISH
The course starts at 9am on the first day and finishes at 4pm on the last. The programme is full and there are homework elements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE COURSE:
The UKCC BCU Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport is appropriate for individuals new to coaching, who have some knowledge of paddlesport, and wish to learn how to help others enjoy paddling. The qualification is appropriate to individuals who want to coach any of the various paddlesport disciplines. Level 1 Coaches will build skills during the course that will continue to develop as they start to coach under the guidance of a more qualified coach.
BANK OR BOAT BASED COURSE
The UKCC Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport is available as either a Boat or Bank-based option. Boat-based Coaches are required to hold the New BCU 2 Star Award. If you are interested in a bank based course please contact us.
WHAT IS INVOLVED
The course involves 4 days (32 hours) of contact time this covers the following.
Basic Teaching Strategies
Use of games within teaching
Supervisory skills for the coach
Opportunities for mentored practice
Completion of assessment tasks
Safety and rescue skills
All Assessment tasks.
Included in the price is accommodation and you can also use the centres Kayaks, Canoes and equipment.
HOW DO I REGISTER AND WHAT WILL I NEED TO BRING:
1) You will require home nation full membership with either Canoe Wales, Canoe England, SCA or CANI. http://www.bcu.org.uk/about/membership/
2) Complete and send off a CR form. This is your registration to become a coach, it costs £39 and you will be sent a pack and a stamped CR form. Give this at least 3 weeks. http://www.canoe-england.org.uk/media/pdf/CR%20Form%20V2.pdf
3) Complete a FSRT Foundation Safety and Rescue Training course. http://www.canoe-england.org.uk/media/pdf/FSRT%20Syllabus.pdf
4) Complete a BCU 2 Star Paddlesport Award. This award covers both canoe and kayak skills. http://www.canoe-england.org.uk/media/pdf/Two%20Star%20Syllabus.pdf
5) Bring your workbook, stamped CR Form, Copies of your certificates and an open mind to the start of the course.
WHERE WILL I STAY:
Accommodation at the centre is included in the cost. Please let us know if you wish to stay. All bedding is provided.
No meals are provided as part of the course but there is a self-catering kitchen in the centre.
The cost of the 4 day course is £250 + Vat.
Check out the detailed infomation from the following website and read up upon what the course you are about to attend involves. http://www.bcu.org.uk/tests-and-awards/coaching-qualifications-courses/bcu-i-ukcc-level-1/
If you would like to attend a course please download a Booking Form fill it in and post it to us. For any further enquiries email the address below or phone us on 01559 363209.